Friday, January 22, 2010

Come Early Morning

Disclaimer: Contrary to your first thoughts once you read this, it is NOT about sex. I repeat, NOT ABOUT SEX!!!


I await the sacred hours daylight falls behind the trees-
a momentary chance to sing in perfect harmony.
I smile to myself, for I'll see you breathing soon,
and we'll dance our twilight waltz beneath the ever-watchful moon.

My heart is growing heavy as each moment passes by-
another second closer to the early morning sky.
The instant when the sunlight tears our fragile souls apart,
and leaves us once again to heal our wounded, bleeding hearts.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautifully descriptive. The imagery is wonderful... I'm so glad I came across your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was beautiful. I wish I had such talent with poetry.

    And like you said in your comment to me, few understand our hobbies...it's true. That is another reason I started a blog, so I can talk to other people who share my passion because no one in my family likes the things I do, and they think writing, reading, and painting are a waste of time and is considered being "lazy".

    ReplyDelete