Friday, March 19, 2010

Chambermaid

I had to make something up really quick in order to meet my weekly deadline. This piece is horrible (I made it up just now; it took me all of 10 minutes), and I will be taking it down and replacing it with something better later. Though I'm actually considering keeping it posted on here and just posting something else as an extra to make up for the lack of skill and poetic beauty in this one. As the title would suggest, it's called "Chambermaid," and it was inspired by the character of Alais (pronounced like "Alice" for those of you who don't know) from the Katharine Hepburn (one of my favorite actresses) classic "The Lion in Winter." It's an excellent, sordid, dryly witty film. I adore it, and highly recommend it to anyone 16 or older. Anyone much younger may not fully understand the film's humor. Anyways, to thee I regrettably present "Chambermaid."

I live to serve thee, master;
I'm on my hands and knees.
Your chambermaid- a love slave
to do with what you please.

I was born to love thee, sire;
my heart doth beat for you.
My tea cup runneth over
with lust that courses through

my veins, my soul, my being.
I'm nothing without you.
You give me shallow purpose,
and a senseless point of view.

I am your chambermaid.
Your wish is my command.
I live to grant each carnal wish.
To the boudoir, take my hand.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a weekly deadline?! I would die of stress. >.<
    But this rhyme scheme is excellent and flawless! I can read this aloud and never get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete