Sunday, May 16, 2010

Waiting

I was supposed to post Friday, but was not home. I could have posted yesterday, but was too busy working and cleaning. So I shall post today, though I am unprepared. I have nothing new, so I will make this a "Throwback Week." I am presenting you with a poem I wrote during my Freshman year in high school. It's Called "Waiting," and it's about Drs. House and Cuddy, from the FOX series "House." It's written from Cuddy's point of view.

I try to bend without breaking-
I'm trying not to shatter.
These smiles I am faking-
they never seem to matter.

And I reach just to touch your hand,
but you fade into the moonlight.
I'm waiting for tomorrow and
I'm waiting the sunlight.

Though you're numb
to who I've become,
I wait right here for you.
Oh, I'm waiting...

1 comment:

  1. Ahaha! What a coincidence - I'm about to start this series... this poem inspires me to watch it for SURE now. : )
    The tone is excellent in this piece.

    ReplyDelete