Saturday, July 24, 2010

Free Will

A poem about choosing our own destinies.

(Author's note: My multiple-week hiatus was not exactly intentional. I have just been so busy with certain life dilemmas to find the time to sit down and compose a new poem; though I did come up with little stanzas here and there. But only this developed into a full-fledged piece of literary work.)


I man my own journey
on this, the path of life.
I, alone, shall navigate
these roads of joy and strife.

I shall walk these valleys
of shadow and of light
with just my heart as compass-
my guide through starless night.

I shall swim these seas
of pain, and lies, and hell,
and ride the waves of anger;
my soul against the swell.

I shall soar across these skies
of hope and endless promise
in my quest for higher truth
and a love that's pure and honest.

I am the captain of my destiny;
only I decide my calling.
It is I who dares to seize the chance,
and takes the risk of falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment