Thursday, July 1, 2010

Forget Me Not...

My childhood best friend shall be marrying tomorrow, July 2nd, 2010. I will not be attending the wedding.


Alive in my soul
are all the words we spoke;
every lie we told,
and every heart we broke.

The memories dance
a waltz inside my head-
living as the sun glows,
though those years are long since dead.

I mourn the love we shared,
though you never seemed to grieve.
While you continued living
I continued to believe.

And I never let you go
in hopes that one fine day
you'd recall the gayest laughter
and your heart would surely sway.

But you put me from your mind,
and slept and dreamt so sound.
You shall don that white dress
whilst I'm nowhere to be found.

1 comment:

  1. Hey hey hey, I wrote a poem under this title before. But you have mastered it way better than I did!

    ReplyDelete