Friday, February 26, 2010

Manic-Depression/Gravity

Since my first poem for this post is quite short, I decided to post TWO short poems. One dark, one slightly humorous. The first is "Manic-Depression," a poem I wrote about being Bipolar (thank you, Capt. Obvious). The second is "Gravity." This one I wrote about the fact that I always seem to slip when I wear high heels in my college. Nowhere else do I fall or stumble in these shoes- only at school.

"Manic-Depression"

I bandage all these cuts with lies
as the phoenix in my mind doth rise.
Before I fall down,
upon me they'll frown
when they notice the spark in my eyes.


"Gravity"

I'm a constant victim
to gravity's action,
cuz like a seasoned prostitute
high heels have no traction.

1 comment:

  1. Ahahah, I laughed aloud at the second poem Gravity! Quirky. : )
    The first one is great too. "I banadage all these cuts with lies as the phoenix in my mind doth rise"
    You are very talented and make me jealous >:[
    ahaha

    ReplyDelete