Friday, April 30, 2010

The Strongest Woman I Know

I would like to dedicate this week's post to a very important friend of mine. I will not give her name, for the sake of protecting her in case anyone who knows who she is comes across this. But this friend of mine makes me grateful for the things I have. She has gone through a turbulent childhood, sexual abuse, a failed marriage, heroin addiction, and now the Lord has placed another obstacle along her path- she is going blind. While most people who have gone through half of the troubles she has faced would sit solemnly, feeling sorry for themselves, she lives for the best in life. She doesn't let her scars hold her back; she is a loving person, and she is always willing to help a friend in need. She has embraced the roadblocks she has faced, and in the wake of losing her vision she has learned to see the world with brand new eyes. Obviously that is a figure of speech. Knowing this woman has taught me to not feel sorry for myself. She is proof that, although I have faced considerable challenges in my few years, my life could be so much worse. I am grateful to call her my friend, and for the lessons she has taught me. She truly is the strongest woman I know. Unfortunately I don't have a poem prepared tonight and on top of that I'm really sick and extremely busy trying to clean. I will hopefully have something prepared by tomorrow night when I get off work.

Appreciate the things with which you are blessed; you never know when your life will change for good.

Please keep my friend in your prayers, for their is still hope that she can regain her vision with time and the proper medical care.

No comments:

Post a Comment