Friday, June 18, 2010

Forever Friends

"You're my only true friend. I love you."

I loved you, too.



Time does not stand still,
no matter strength of will.
And as the months and years do fade,
a love it surely kills.

These bonds were once so strong;
the road we traveled, long.
And though the memories shall last,
I can't speak for the song.

The sweet, poetic truth
accompanied by youth.
Though age shall lace our world with lies,
illusions still can soothe.

The image held so dear
of a loved one once so near
has shattered with the weight of time;
reality is clear.

In you I placed my trust,
but that faith has turned to dust.
I'm clothed in pain and drenched in shame
from my platonic, heartfelt lust.

My love had never wavered;
when it soured, you had flavored
it with thick, sweet honey,
that I slowly sipped and savored.

But your supply has now run out
and I, without a doubt,
can see just who you really are
thus dwindling your clout.

These chains by which you held me
have broken, and I'm free.
And though this shall surely hurt at first,
it's for the best. You'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment