Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Miss Scarlett Finds Salvation

I was unable to post over the weekend because I was not home or near a computer. So I deeply apologize for having missed my deadline. The following poem is about my finally breaking free from the fear and control that have left me paralyzed for years.


The sun breaks up this endless night,
and wakes a soul still sleeping.
The birds sing as the day grows bright,
and silence all the weeping.

The sky is kissed with clouds of white;
hope permeates the air.
Her eyes burn as they meet the light;
the tears she does not spare.

Freedom grips her being
as salvation floods her veins.
She's stepped out from the shadows,
alas she bears no chains.

1 comment:

  1. You have sooo much talent. Consider trying to get your work published!!

    ReplyDelete