Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Walk One Summer Night

I have no explanation for this one...


I was walking in the midnight breeze;
the moon was hidden by the trees.
The air was thick with summer heat,
but grass was cool beneath my feet.
The crickets chirped their twilight song,
and bullfrogs ribbited along.
A wolf was howling toward the stars
that glittered and glistened from afar.
Lightning bugs danced through the sky;
I counted seven pass me by.
The smell of flowers filled my nose-
lilies, petunias, perhaps... a rose?
Complacent, relaxed, content was I
as each moment passed me by.
These summer walks I hold so dear;
'tis then my heart and mind are clear.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, perfect seasonal poem. : )
    Thank you for writing this - the rhythm is great too! I look forward to your next post. : D

    ReplyDelete